Saturday, December 17, 2011

When did you start discussing baby names with your partner?

did you start planning as soon as you got pregnant? when you found out the sex? sooner?





is it weird to talk about baby names if your not planning on having kids for a few years?





how long did it take you to agree on a name?





thanks for sharing your experiences!|||did you start planning as soon as you got pregnant? Yes, we had a list of both genders.





when you found out the sex? sooner? We discuss more about finding the right name when we find out the sex of the baby.





is it weird to talk about baby names if your not planning on having kids for a few years? No, we spoke of names before we moved in together.





how long did it take you to agree on a name? We both agreed on a name for our son then quickly changed our decision at 34 weeks. For our daughter we knew what her name was going to be before she was even thought of.|||i started when i found out i was pregnant.. i have a few girl names that i already like.. but boy names are hard to think of .. my husband and i agree that i will name the girls and he'll name the boys.. so far we already have a 2 yr old daughter name natalie ann and another baby girl on the way and im going to name her leah marie.. as long as my husband likes the name then we are fine if not then ill have to think of another one..|||We started talking about names when we started trying to get pregnant in Oct 2008, not knowing that over a year later we would find out that we can't get pregnant without medical help. Our version of talking about the name is I find a name I like, I ask about it on here and if I feel good about the name after all of the feedback, then I ask him about it and he tells me yes or no. Not why or anything just yes or no. He has a name picked out for our first son...Tristan Riley and told me that he would at least look for a girl name because there are very few that I mention that he likes. We tend to have different names, he likes common names, although he tells me that he doesn't want a common name because our last name is so common. MEN...lol He said that he will really focus on helping find a name when I get pregnant. In the meantime, I am obsessed with names because it gives me hope.|||My husband didn't even want to TALK about names until after the baby was born and we saw what he looked like. I negotiated with him for MONTHS and finally got him to agree to at least narrow down to a list of 5 or 10 names, and then choose a final one once the baby was born. We had our list narrowed down by the time I was about 32 weeks, and chose a final name when our son was 2 days old.|||I'm not planning on getting pregnant for a while yet but I already know I'm gonna have a tough time convincing my children's father of the names I like. Whenever I mention I like a name he says he would never name his kid that. BTW I'm gonna name my first daughter Marley Rose he just doesn't know it yet.|||When we got a dog together, but I'm too young to have kids. I'm in my mid 20's and my girlfriend and I were arguing about dog names and it somehow moved onto imaginary kids.|||lol..... during dating......





OKAY OKAY I LOVE NAMES AND FORCED HIM TO TALK ABOUT IT! lol





Well he didn't mind, just kinda was like "yeah those are nice"





Anyways we've talked about them for a long time lol, but it's like my hobby so he got use to it.....lol|||It's a good thing we didn't have girls because we could NOT decide on any girls' names. We agreed on the boys' names during the pregnancies. We didn't know the gender for either.


Good luck!|||We started discussing names before we even got married lol!|||Well, I am not pregnant and don't play to be for a few more years. But, My boyfriend %26amp; I have been talking about baby names since May of '09 :)





-Justinee%26lt;33|||We started picking names in high school. LoL. It was pillow talk for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment