Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How would you spell these baby names?

I like to look at baby names and their different spellings. I have several in mind, and I want to know what you prefer and why.





Ann or Anne?


Stephen or Steven?


Keely or Keeley?


Elizabeth or Elisabeth?


Catherine or Katherine?


Sidney or Sydney?


Cassie or Kassie?


Zoë or Zoey?





Also, if you saw this name, how would you pronounce it: Bleddyn?|||Ann or Anne I dont really mind which between these too.





Stephen (steven seems like the lazy option to me)





Keeley and Keely are surnames where I live, I would never give someone a surname as their first name.





Elizabeth (I just prefer it)





Catherine (its the usual spelling where im from)





Sidney (Sydney is a place)





Cassie (again its how we would spell it in Ireland)





Zoey (just because Ive heard poepl pronounce Zoë as Zo with no ee at the end)








Bleddyn is pronounced Blethin (but people who arent familar with Welsh pronunciation would probably pronounce it bledin)|||Anne - (MY name) it looks incomplete without the E


Steven - Its pronounced the way it looks, no "ph" confusion!


Keely (but really, neither!) - the other has too many Es in close proximity


Elizabeth - Zs are cool


Katherine - just looks better with a K


Sidney - I don't like having 2 Ys in the same name!


Cassie - looks sweeter, like cassia (cinnamon)


Zoe - short and sweet (I like names that end in E)





Bleddyn - I would say "bled - din"|||Anne


Stephen


Keeley


Elizabeth


Catherine


Sidney


Cassie


Zoe.





Then again I like in a very-extremely-traditional-British part of Canada. So I'm more accustomed to their spellings of Stephen/Anne/Catherine/Elizabeth. It's just what 'm used to.





I like Sidney better because I hate the use of the letter 'y' as a subsititute for 'i's' or 'e's. I think it's so ugly (i.e. olivya, nataly, haydyn, etc etc etc).





I also don't like substituting the letter 'k' for 'c'. Which is why I like Cassie and Catherine over Kassie and Katerine.|||Anne (makes me think of Anne Frank- good thing)


Stephen


Keely (Keeley has too many e's)


Elisabeth (I don't like the 'z' in my name)


Catherine (I don't like k's)


Sydney (like the city - cool)


Cassie (look at Catherine)


Zoe (ooh I love the dots- think it's called a trema in French)





Bleddyn - I would pronounce it bled (past tense of "bleed")- din (like the beginning of "dinner") Accenting the beginning.





Hope this helps!|||Anne- The extra "e" just gives it that air of French-ish sophistication.


Steven- Because it's what people will assume, and if it's a v sound, it should be spelled with a v instead of something that makes an f sound.


Keely- 3 e's is a bit much.


Elizabeth- It's easier if she wants to go by Liz or Eliza.


Catherine- I don't know, I just like the way it looks.


Sydney- Looks nicer.


Cassie- The "normal" way, I guess.


Zoë- It's all about the umlaut... :P I don't know, I think the y cute until she gets past middle school.|||Ann or Anne? - Either - I prefer Anne.


Stephen or Steven? - Either I would use Steven.


Keely or Keeley? - Keely


Elizabeth or Elisabeth? Elizabeth


Catherine or Katherine? Either - I would choose K because that is how my relatives spelled it (Finnish, German).


Sidney or Sydney? Sidney if boy, Sydney if girl


Cassie or Kassie? Cassie


Zoë or Zoey? Zoe (no umlat required)





Bleddyn - I would pronounce it Bled-din. Not a name I would want.|||Ann or Anne? depends ex.. Ann Elizabeth- if the 1st/ middle name is long then use Ann since its really short....Bella Anne- if the 1st/middle names is short then use the more lengthy spelling.


Stephen or Steven?- Steven so its not pronounced Ste-f-n


Keely or Keeley? - i like Keiley or Keeylie b/c the "i" (this might sound dumb but..) she could do more fancier thing with it when she writes it.


Elizabeth or Elisabeth? Elizabeth... looks better/


Catherine or Katherine? Katherine- i like "K's" better! lol.


Sidney or Sydney? - Sydnie.. "Y" in the middle %26amp; "i" at the end make it more different %26amp; cute.


Cassie or Kassie? -Kassie- again w/ the "K's"


Zoë or Zoey? -Zoey no need to get all fancy %26amp; formal also Zoeiy is cute just for the "i" thing.





i pronounce it Bl-ed-n|||-i like Anne--i like the way it looks better..with the E


-Steven--it looks better and is pronounced this way.


-Keeley-looks "cleaner"


-Elizabeth--classic way of spelling it..and its Ah-liz-ah-beth not Ah-lis-ah-beth


-Katherine--i like the K better than the C


-Sydney--i like Y's in names..i think they look better


-Cassie--simply looks better


-Zoe--no dots or y...it looks the cutest and is the simplest.





i would pronounce it Bled-din|||I would go.....





Ann- it's my middle name and less letterrs to write





Steven- the ph makes me want to say "stef-on"





Elizabeth- the S looks like alissa and I hat ethat name





Keely- My name's Kelly and the spelling is the closest!





Katheryn-IDK, my eye just likes it





Sydney I've seen go both ways so you'd know it's female with the extra y.





Zoey- the other way everyones going to think you are a foreigner








The past teanse of Bleed and in.|||Anne


Stephen


Keeley


Elizabeth


Catherine


Cassie


Zoe


Sorry - I don't want to ruin the name (Bleddyn) for you if you like it - but to me - I would pronounce it like bledin - short e. But if you go with long e - bleedin' - it reminds me of the word bleeding but with the g dropped. So, for that reason I don't really like it. Hope that helps!|||Anne, Steven, Keely, Elizabeth, Katherine, Sydney, Cassie, Zoey





I would say these spellings because I think they are the "normal" spellings. I would go with those because it would save your child having to spell her name all the time and correct people. It could eventually lead her to not like his/her name.





Just my opinions. Good luck!





I would say Bled-In, is that a real name?|||Anne - it looks more balanced out


Stephen - more sophisticated


Keely - the other one has an excessive amount of e's


Elizabeth - the other spelling bothers me that I see Lisa


Catherine - I don't like names that start with K, (mine does)


Sydney - looks more feminine; Sidney for a guy


Cassie - again, I don't like K names


Zoey - it seems more balanced





Bleddyn (Bled-in)|||Anne


Steven (I don't care for the ph which should sound like f)


Keeley (everyone will only spell it that way anyway at least that is what they do with me my name is Kelly but ey is often added)


Elisabeth (cause it is different)


Katherine (my sisters name)


Sydney


Cassie


Zoe|||ok myiddle names ann so without the e lol


my brothers name is steven with v not ph


keeley is better


elizabeth


catherine think cathy


sydney is the place in NSW so sidney


cassie


zoe i've always wanted those little dots about a letter in my name


bled-di-en


eww its like bled and dying|||Anne.


Steven.


Neither. (Keeley is masculine.)


Elizabeth.


Catherine.


Neither. (Sidney is a place.)


Cassie.


Zoë.|||I prefer:





Anne


Stephen (my uncle's name)


Keeley (i prefer Kelly though)


Elizabeth (my sister's middle name)


Katherine (I just love that name)


Sydney


Cassie


Zoey|||Anne but Ann is old sounding


Steven i just like it better


Elizabeth pretty name keep it how it is


Katherine it looks better spelled like this


Sidney


Cassie it looks better


Zoe like the sesame street character





Bleddyn sounds like bleed in|||Anne, Stephen, Kealeigh, Elisabeth, Katherine, Sydnie, Kassie, Zoey.... Bleddin|||Anne, Steven, Keeley, Elizabeth, Katherine, Sidney, Cassie, and Zoey|||anne


steven


keely


elizabeth


katherine


sydney


cassie


zoey


and im sorry but (bleddin)..i would feel bad for that kid getting teased... i can hear it now..in elem school, eww bleddin is bleedin..(sorry)|||Anne


Stephen


Keeley


Elizabeth


Katherine


Sydney


Cassie


Zoey





Bleddyn would probably be pronounced as 'Bled-in' by most people - even though I think the correct way to say it is 'Blethin.' :-)|||Are you going to have a baby? If so...maybe you should come up with a name that is different from all the rest! Only you would know what would be best for your baby!|||Anne becouse it is prettier


Stephen you dont hear it alot any more


Keely it is different


Elisabeth it is tradional


Katherine i like it better


Sydney


Kassie


Zoë|||Anne


Stephen


Keeley


Elizabeth


Catherine


Sydney


Cassie


Zoë





And I would think it'd be pronouced 'Blay-den'|||Ann


Steven


Keeley


Elizabeth


Catherine


Sydney


Cassie


Zoey





Umm, I guess I'd pronounce it "Bled-din"|||Ann


Steven


Keely


Elisabeth


Catherine


Sidney


Cassie


Zoe





I would pronounce Bleddyn as Bled-in.|||Anne


Steven


Keely


Elisabeth


Catherine but Katherine looks nice


Sydney-for the love of God Sydney


Cassie


Zoe





Bleddin or Bleddun (As in little-un but bled-un)|||Anne


Steven


Keeley


Elizabeth


kathrine


Sydney


Cassie


Zoey





and if i saw the name Bleddyn i would think of bleeding|||Anne


Steven


Keely


Elizabeth


Catherine


Sydney


Cassie


Zoe





Bleddyn I would pronounce BLED-in.|||I hope you aren't meaning to give a girl the name Bleddyn.





http://www.babynology.com/meaning-bleddy…


it's for BOYS.|||Anne


Stephen


Keeley


Elizabeth


Katherine (actually I like Kathryn


Sydney


Kassie


Zoe





Bled-din

No comments:

Post a Comment