Friday, January 27, 2012

What are your impressions of the following baby names?

We were leaning towards Ava for a girl but it was #5 on the Social Security Administration's 2006 baby names and we're not sure we want something that's so popular. My husband really likes John for a boy, but it sounds so common to me. What do you think of these ideas?



Arden

Ava

Aya (eye-uh)

Elle

Eve

Evelyn

Lila



Grant

John

Lou



Thanks!What are your impressions of the following baby names?
you could mix it up avalyn or avah. eve is nice and i like grant . but naming you child something common could be a blessing for them people won't have to ask them how to spell their name or pronounce it wrong or make fun of them.
Arden- sounds classy, but could be unisex

Ava- love

Aya (eye-uh)- don't like

Elle- like

Eve- okay, kinda old

Evelyn- old

Lila- pretty



Grant- very nice

John- Biblical, can't go wrong with that, however very common

Lou- sounds like a mechanic (sorry!)What are your impressions of the following baby names?
I like:



Ava

Elle

Eve

Evelyn

Lila



Grant

JohnWhat are your impressions of the following baby names?
I really like Ava...who cares if it's popular...it's your one chance to name your baby girl..name her what you want and what your heart tells you! :) For a boy, I really like Grant-so cute and Lila and Elle are cute names as well.
names that people don't know how to pronounce are difficult for kids. Even if you think it's obvious how it should be pronounced, a lot of people are pretty stupid. I wouldn't go with Ava or Aya or Elle. Evelyn is old fashioned but, that's not bad if that's what you like. I like Eve! I don't like Lou.
What about Ayla? I think it is so pretty %26amp; not very common.



For a boy, Grant is nice.
i personally prefer more traditional names, and im not so crazy about any of the girl names, but (in my opinion) Grant and John are good names. if i had to choose for the girls, i would say Ava and Evelyn
i LOVE the name Elle. Its really pretty and simple.

Heres a few boys names i like that aren't too popular:

Liam

Aiden

Caleb
Lila is in the Sweet Valley book series :)



I love that name.
I like that idea Ava but if you feel you want to be different than the statics why not Avalynn
I like John--good strong name, Grant sounds like its off a soap opera, Lou reminds me of an old man, or a girl.



Arden Ava and Lila, I'm impartial.



Aya is weird---kind of reminds me of Hiii-ya (what you yell before you karate chop someone)



I like Elle and Eve a lot, but Evelyn is my favorite... it was my grandma's name and I am definately using it in the future if I have the opportunity. And you can always call her Eve for short!
I just like Elle and Ava for the girl names and I really dont like any of the boy names.
John is a common name. But, you could name him Giovanni which is the italian name for John!! That way your husband would be happy and get the name John, but, you could enjoy a unique name as well!!! The proper way to pronounce is Geovanni, but, spelling is as listed above!!!!

Girl names you could try Bianca, or Cherise (Shereese). Agian. Unique names!!

Enjoy and congrats...
Evelyn and Grant. Everything else is too trendy or too plain.



Also, if you have to explain how to pronounce the name, it's a bad idea. How would you like to go 70+ years of your life explaining to everybody how to pronounce your name? Not fun!
How bout Eva? Similar enough to Ava, but a little less...biblical than Eve haha.



Good luck!
I honestly didn't like any.. all are very unique but not something that just rolls off your tongue and sounds nice
My name is Aya!

I love all of those names

ESPECIALLY AYA

But you know I hate it when people say

"Oh, Aya is an ugly name and everyone hates it"

Really, It means Couragous, and fun.

It's a very popular japanese name,

considering i'm japanese
i like Evelyn...Grant... jason, christina, mercedes.:)
love ava, elle, evelyn, and all the boy names. traditional but original too. If you have to tell us how to say Aya, she will always have to explain it too, not good.
I really like Grant. I know what you're saying about the common names and I agree, maybe John as a middle name. I like Arden and Evelyn.
I like the name Evelyn and you can call her Eve I have a dear friend who dose that I think it is a very beautiful name But think about your family and friends and their name pick a name as a living legestisy and think about you family heritage and ethnic background that is some that might help you out . And remember kids can and are cruel and will make fun of names if they can. I know this because I worked 15 years in child care and that was one of the biggest problems that parent complaint to us about that there child was being made fun of
The best choices would be in order Ava, Elle, Grant, and Arden.
I really like Elle and Grant =].

Good luck..
No so much a fan of Lila, but I LOVE Lily. John is a huge family name...there are 8 of them on both sides of my family. It's a very strong, stable name that has obviously withstood the test of time.
I love all the girl's names. I don't hear Arden much, but I like it. Elle and Eve seem to be gaining more popularity too.

Pick names that you like, who cares if they are common or popular. You can choose another name to go with it, and spell it differently. You child will be unique and special, no matter what their name is!

I like John and Grant, but I'm not crazy about Lou.

Good Luck!
Arden sounds like Aardvark and if you have to give the pronunciation, it's probably going to mean trouble for your daughter. Lose the Lou and all the other names are great! I LOVE the name Ava- it's a great name....
I like Elle and Grant
Ava is definitely my favorite of the girl names, but it does seem to be somewhat popular these days. John is extremely common. Right off the top of my head I can name atleast 5.
To me the popularity of a name comes from ow many people you actually know who have called their child that name.

Who cares what some poll says?

As long as your family/friends haven't used that name, or if you know of someone who has used the name, and that bothers you, then don't use it.

I also go by what other children names are at my son's child care centre. That's a good indication of what names are going to be yelled around the school yard over and over again.

Names I am sooooo over include Hannah, Kaitlyn, Joshua, Chelsea and Sarah .........
how about combos of those names....Lila Eve for a girl and John Grant for a boy
I like Aya. I have a friend who spells it with an 'h' at the end, which I think is quite pretty. But, names cycle in and out of popularity, so whatever name you pick might be popular now and obsolete in 10 years... so just pick a name that you really like and can agree on :)



Good luck!
  • natural instinct
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment